Sharing in process writings?

I have been writing up some material that was a quick essay but became a bit longer. The essay I have preliminary named “Execute” and its all about teams that have a hard time executing and strategies for making them better.

What would be a good way of sharing it? I was thinking about putting it just in a public github. The problem with a public github is that I would want people to be able to leave comments etc.

One thing I was considering was keeping it in markdown then allowing people to put //comments after paragraphs (would be ignored). I guess the comments system could be used.

Anyone have any better ideas on how to get it setup so other people can easily share/collaborate on it?

1. Posted November 26, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Permalink | Reply

Use a wiki? Or maybe find/build one that is based on Git/GitHub repositories? 😉

• Posted November 26, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink | Reply

wiki is not really good for leaving commentary inline. I was hoping there was something good at doing that.

• Posted November 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Permalink | Reply

interesting idea I will check it out.

2. Posted November 26, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Permalink | Reply

Google docs?
    In the sharing settings of a google document, you can make the document public to the web, and set the Sharing rights to “Comments”.

3. Posted November 27, 2012 at 7:33 am | Permalink | Reply

+1 google.docs. It has a nice and simple workflow for reviews/comments over documents (comment-notify-resolve). If the number of comments increase a lot or discussion over a particular comment arise, it start to be mess.
    But if the essay is long and tough, then I wouldn’t worry about hundreds of comments 🙂
    Also you have download in pdf, doc, etc. for free.

4. Maks
    Posted November 28, 2012 at 11:01 am | Permalink | Reply

Not sure, but maybe http://www.perforce.com/